Sara’s Recipe Box: Den Jang Cheegae
on May 2, 2011 at 7:58 am
Posted In: Blog
Recipe: Den Jang Cheegae
- 1 tbsp den jang (fermented bean curd paste available in Korean markets)
- 1 onion, chopped 3. one cup dried or fresh shitake or oyster mushrooms (when using dried, be sure to soak them 10 minutes and rinse them at least 3 times)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1-2 tsp dried anchovy powder or 1 dried powdered anchovy tea bag or 2-3 whole dried anchovies
- 1/2 Italian or Korean squash, chopped
- 1 package tofu, sliced
- Fill 3 quart pot about 1/3 with water.
- Put everything except the tofu in the pot. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and continue to boil at a medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Turn the heat up to high and add the tofu. Allow to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue to boil for 5 minutes, no more than 10 minutes. Tofu will taste bitter if cooked too long.
- Turn off heat and serve with Rice.
Cooking time (duration): 30 minutes
Diet (other): Low calorie, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Microformatting by hRecipe.