Sara’s Recipe Box: Korean Spicy Chicken Stew
on April 24, 2011 at 9:33 pm
Posted In: Blog
Recipe: Spicy Chicken Stew
- 1 package of chicken breast tenders (may use dark meat instead, or mix.
- 1 potato, sliced
- 1 half jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tsp powdered ginger
- 3 tbsp Korean red hot pepper powder (less if necessary)
- 1 tsp coarse salt (or more, if necessary according to taste)
- 1/4 tsp fine black pepper
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup kimchee
- 1 tbsp Gochujang (red hot bean paste available in Korean markets)
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 cup chopped cabbage (optional)
- 1/2 Korean or Italian Squash, chopped
- 4-5 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/8 cup of Soju (Korean rice wine)
- 1 tsp rice vinegar (optional)
- 1/2 cup daikon 1-2 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Fill a 3 qt pot about 1/2 way with water. Bring to a boil.
- Add ginger powder soju, vinegar and chicken. Bring to a boil.
- Skim fat and foam.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue to boil for 15-20 minutes.
- Taste. Add more seasoning if necessary.
- Serve with rice.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Microformatting by hRecipe.